Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. --Dr. Seuss, The Lorax.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I Know I Didn't Tell You, But I Have Spent the Past Two Months Adulting.

Yes, I haven't updated this website with the juicy details involving the events of my ever-changing life, yet. Well, here goes. I'm a grown up living in the real world. In this case, real world means still-going-to-college-but-I-have-my-own-apartment-and-a-job world.

Yes, this means I buy my own food. I am currently enjoying Goldfish. Nom nom. I just ate carrots, too. It must be an orange food day. Of course, it is October, and orange is an October color. I am being festive. I am also just kidding about the festive part.

So, at the end of the 2016 Spring semester, I got a full scholarship to the four-year college that I wanted to attend, which is GREAT!!! I worked very hard all summer, two jobs, and found an apartment on craigslist. It took me a little while to find an apartment that I thought would be safe, and a good fit for me. Two weeks later, I moved in.

Honestly, my first night in my new bedroom I lay awake thinking "Shannon, what on EARTH were you thinking?! What am I doing here?!" And after several days of that I finally settled in and began to enjoy life as an independent grown-up.

Although, there is one thing I am not entirely happy about. My alarm clock. My old one made this nice, quiet little beeping sound. It was loud enough to wake me up, but not too loud. At this point in my life I am stuck with this insane old-fashioned alarm clock with the bells on top and a little hammer that pounds on them.

Two months later and I still wake up with my heart pounding out of my chest, wobbly kneed, and shaking hands -- If you will excuse me a just dropped a Goldfish on the floor.... Got it.

Most of the time, I beat my alarm. I have set my internal clock to wake up and shut it off before I have a heart attack or a stroke, my brain hemorrhages... you know what I'm talking about. I was awakened on Monday, though, by the deafening sound. I am convinced that I am going get an incurable mental illness from the trauma of it.

I am going to watch The Walking Dead, now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment