Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. --Dr. Seuss, The Lorax.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Half Of My Family Has Chicken Pox, But Here's The Good News....

I can't get it! Six months ago, in May approximately, I had the chicken pox vaccine.
My sister somehow managed to contract a case of the virus a little while ago. Emmett broke out a few days ago, and Sean has gotten it also. BUT I AM FREE!!! MWAAA HAAA HAAA HA! Currently, we are waiting on Patric. He has yet to show signs of it.

Of recent, I have been entertaining myself on the monotonous bus ride to school by reading Dracula. I'm getting a lot more out of it the second time around. The way the character Mina Harker is treated by Van Helsing, Quincy Morris, John Seward, and Arthur Godalming, and her husband is very interesting. Several times by various characters she is said to have a "man's brain" but a "woman's heart."
The book was written four decades after the Declaration of Sentements and the Women's Right's movement began, but it still seems revolutionary for the time period. It's interesting to observe the cultures of a different century. If anyone is looking for something to read, I strongly recommend it.

                                         From My Wandering Thoughts,
                                                                        --Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment